Announcing a consortium for a bass trombone and wind ensemble version of my piece Violent Shadows!
Since finishing the original piece back in 2017, I’ve been eager to expand the piece into the wind band setting and take advantage of the different color possibilities in the accompaniment. Though the focus of the piece is primarily on the bass trombone, there are several technical passages, contrasting styles, and meter changes that will keep the wind ensemble players excited and engaged throughout the piece.
I’m thrilled to partner with Evan Clifton, fellow Western Michigan University alumnus, on this project! Since Evan graduated in 2015, he has been performing across the country as a soloist and with various orchestras. Evan is currently a contracted member of the West Michigan and Battle Creek Symphonies and has also performed with The Cleveland Orchestra, and Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, and Lansing Symphonies. I’m honored that Evan reached out to me and wanted to help organize this consortium.
Consortium Fee: $100
- $50 due up front, $50 due upon completion of the piece
Deadline to Join: September 30, 2019
Difficulty (Wind Ensemble Parts): Grade 4
Anticipated Completion: December 31, 2019
Benefits to Consortium Members:
- Names of the soloist and wind ensemble included on the title page of the score
- Exclusive performance rights from the premiere performance in the spring (TBD) to the end of 2020
- Free digital copies of the trombone quintet and/or piano version of the piece
- 30% reduced soloist fee for band’s that would like Evan as their guest soloist (pending availability and travel distance)
- Composer will travel to performances, if able
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions! If you’re interested in joining, you can fill out this short Google Form. Payments can be made online through paypal or via check.